Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Week One - My Sanctuary



So, I know that this post is a couple days late.  I really did have my task completed on time and then life happened so ....

Anyway, I'm excited to share the before and afters of my sanctuary.  Please let me know what you think or any questions you might have!!

The Befores:  (I resisted the urge to clean before taking the pictures - it took everything I had!  Please remember, this is a judge free zone!)
Note, the mess on the dresser - it is a catchall!  My knick-knacks are stuck in the corner behind my jewelry box.

Mom should be proud, my bed is made at least!

Another catch all place!

The Afters:


My corner revamped.  My knick-knack shelves are organized and displayed nicely.  My jewelry box has been put up on the wall since this picture was taken.  I was tempted to take the TV out of the bedroom altogether since we have quit watching it there, but then I made a dvd of a fire burning and it gives off a nice ambiance.
When we first moved in together, Darin and I started this 'He said; She said' board.  It was cute and fun and romantic.  It was exciting to try and find something new written on it.
Instead of removing the TV, I tried to disguise it, somewhat.  The wine bottle is what we drank the night he proposed.  It holds our ticket stubs, wrist bands, and other mementos from that evening.  The 'Pink Taco' cup and Buzz Balls are from Vegas when we got married.  The water bottle holds the ticket stubs from the Queensryche concert we attended.  My one and only total rocker girl moment when Geoff Tate took a drink out of it, threw the rest of it on the crowd and then dropped the bottle into my hands - it will be forever remembered and cherished. I am not ashamed to admit that I screamed like a typical 80's groupie girl!!!
My bed and nightstands, (minus the weighted blanket, I keep that folded and in one of the drawers under the bed).  Darin's nightstand is his domain so I just kind of straightened it a little - mine is much more organized!

Board #2 and 'Our Story' board
He Said/She Said board #2 - it didn't work as well with the markers and the black board.  We couldn't seem to write as small or as many things.


Everyone has a love story, I like ours the best!

Our first year on a board.  Our rings, our first cards, little notes, mementos, reminders of  the whirlwind romance.

No more catch-all!  The black laundry basket is for dark clothes, the white for light clothes and when one is full, it gets washed, dried and put away.  I end up doing about 3 loads of laundry a week for us.
This is the new version of our love boards.  On occasion, we will write little notes to each other about the little things that we do that sometimes go unnoticed in our busy lives.


Now my room is a place that I want to go to escape the rest of the world.  It is peaceful and calm and quiet.  Let me know what you think by leaving a comment below!!  Stay tuned, I'm working on my laundry room and system and it's going to be AWESOME!!





No comments:

Post a Comment