Saturday, February 7, 2015

Navigating through molasses

Do you ever feel like you are trudging up hill - through a river of molasses - in February? Then you can relate to my current state of mind!!!  I could continue with many cliches about how I am feeling, but I think that pretty much sums it up! Let me tell you where I am at....

I started out the year with a clear vision in my head of how I wanted the year to go (organized, prepared, focused, etc.).  It has not gone so well!!  My house is a disaster - I still have my Christmas bottles on my mantle - they should have been painted for February about 2 weeks ago.  I'm supposed to have my laundry room and my office done and organized - not even started!  I'm supposed to have a routine and a schedule and a family organization center - um..... nope!! There's more.....

On the other hand, I have started exercising every day, whether its yoga, strength training, walking the dogs, its something every day.  I've been drinking the amount of water that I am supposed to be drinking.  I've started teaching art in two more classrooms and am interviewing for a paid art position next week. I threw Jaidyn a really, really cool birthday party.  I worked 17 days in a row to help cover a situation at work.

After reviewing the month of January, looking at my goals and my vision, reflecting of progress made or not, and looking ahead at where I need to be, I have come to the conclusion that my life plan needs to be way more flexible that it is currently!  So, my 12 week plan has become more of an as I get it done plan.  I don't feel the need to beat myself up for not sticking to a set timeline.  Life happens daily and sometimes I am motivated to get things done and sometimes I'm not.  Yes, my life is chaotic; yes, it stresses me out; yes, changes need to be made.  But, no more timelines.

I have a renewed commitment to my goals. I can do this; I just have to navigate through the molasses.

No comments:

Post a Comment