Sunday, December 7, 2014

Progress is made through persistance

It's been a bit since I have posted anything regarding progress on the things on my 'to do' list. I have been busy, though it has come in spurts rather than a steady flow.  Regardless, here's where I'm at:

First, Smith has been incredibly busy doing fun and naughty things while at the same time trying to teach a lesson.
Day 6 - Messy Smith

"He just wanted to make elf angels, Mom!!!"

Day 7 Homesick Smith  I'm pretty sure that he flunked out of igloo making class because he had to use a bowl to help....

On the evening of day 7, the small children decided that it would be fun to break many of Mom's rules.  Unfortunately, even though Mom was 'sleeping', Smith was watching.  In his introduction letter, he told them that he could only have fun if they stayed on the nice list.  Because of their choices, he didn't get to have any fun!  

Day 8 - Sad Smith

Day 9 Naughty Smith
The kids argued over whether his name should be  Naughty Smith or Gross Smith!!



Day 10 Hostage Smith

The troopers obviously didn't like that he was in the marshmallow tub with all the chicks!!

Along with all the elvish chaos going on, I have been completely focused on Christmas and searching for handmade gifts that are meaningful and individual.  I have everyone planned, I have all of the supplies bought, I just have to put it all together. I have a calendar made up that will help me stay on schedule with each project, I would share but.....  after Christmas I will post a copy!  I have gotten a tree and we will decorate as a family this afternoon.  I have most of my decorations up and will be posting those in my next post.

Most of my other projects have been put on hold for the Christmas season.  I have started, however, a list that I will post at the beginning of the year.  It is a list of all the projects and goals that I plan to accomplish in 2015.  I am going to use this blog as a journal to document my progress in all areas of my life.  I am looking forward to the challenge I have set!  That is in the new year, though.  For now, I have enough projects on my plate to keep me busy for the next three weeks!!!

Also, I am planning an adult party for the first time, ever!!  I'm totally excited!  My theme is a pretty obvious Christmas theme of 'The Ugly Sweater Party'.  I'm scouring pinterest for ideas and am excited to share them as things come together!

Happy Holiday Season, Everyone!  Let's spread some cheer to those around us as well as the feels that keep the Grinch away!

No comments:

Post a Comment